Having the Pratters project is like having my own company, and I believe that transparency is a good value for all companies. Sharing helps me to learn, and of course, the Pratters project was set up in order to share things in the first place. That’s why I believe in sharing what goes on “behind the scenes”. Here is a reverse chronological list of changes to the Pratters project (including pratters.com, Pratters YouTube and Pratters social channels). I also have a Trello board set up to monitor changes that have could be potentially implemented, are on the to-do list or are in progress. Suggestions are welcome via email!
- 9 April 2017: Set Google Analytics goals, created new email sign up welcome page, changed body font to Roboto
- 3 March 2017: Pratters 3.0 launch. Logo & banners updated on the website, social media channels & the MailChimp header. Email Newsletter updated. About page updated.
- 4 January 2017: Instagram username has been updated to “jamespratters” to match Twitter & Facebook Page.
- 4 January 2017: Facebook Instant Articles have been under development for a while, but have now been submitted to Facebook for review.
- 31 March 2016: Created a changelog page on Pratters.com
- 30 March 2016: Created a Trello Board to track changes to Pratters Project. Suggestions welcome!
- 30 March 2016: Pratters Weekly Newsletter launched. Sign up here!
- 13 March 2016: Pratters Blog & YouTube videos become available via Google Play Newsstand
- 7 February 2016: Pratters.com gets a makeover, including:
- Updated slides
- More professional blog categories
- A new video page which features Pratters YouTube videos.
- 5 February 2016: Pratters.com now runs over a secure connection thanks to Let’s Encrypt and Tap WordPress Hosting
- 5 February 2016: Pratters.com is now hosted by Tap WordPress Hosting
- 3 February 2016: Disqus Comment System implemented
- 29 December 2015: WordFence Security installed & set up
- 27 December 2015: Portfolio of creative work moved off of Pratters.com and moved to JamesPratley.com
- 23 December 2015: Available via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 13 November 2015: Pratters.com domain transferred from 1&1 to Google Domains
- 4 January 2015: Google+ URL updated to plus.google.com/+Pratters/
- 19 December 2014: “Pratters 2.0” launched
- 28 November 2014: Pratters.com domain purchased from 1&1
- July – December 2014: Development of” Pratters 2.0″ rebranding, including:
- New bright colour scheme and new grey colour scheme for pratters.com
- New logo
- New fonts (Roboto Slab, Roboto, Rancho)
New website & blog created with Tumblr(Scrapped)
- New pratters.com website & blog created with WordPress
- Website analytics tracked with Google Analytics
- Unobtrusive adverts provided by Google AdSense
- Yoast SEO installed to manage Search Engine Optimisation of pratters.com
- Embedded feeds and links to Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & Instagram
- New content
- 27 April 2014: James Pratters Google+ Page launched
- 24 April 2014: James Pratters Facebook Page launched
- 10 March 2014: First YouNow live stream
- 25 January 2014: Began the “JamesAid” advice series on YouTube
- 20 December 2013: Trailer video created for the updated YouTube channel layout
- March 2013: Embraced some basic branding with orange text and basic fonts
- 9 December 2012: First video as James Pratters – the point at which videos became more frequent
- 9 June 2012: First YouTube video ever
- January 2012: Joined Twitter as @JamesPratters
- 3 September 2011: Joined YouTube